The application site is allocated for housing with a potential capacity for 350 units within the 2017 adopted FIFEPlan. It states that the development must capitalise on the Green Network surrounding the site, ensure good connectivity to the surrounding communities and deliver a cycle route through the site.
Seggie House and Walled Garden lie to the western boundary of the site and provide both constraints and opportunities in the design of the development. Seggie House was built for the Haig family who owned the nearby Seggie Whisky Distillery in Guardbridge. The distillery was founded in 1810 but by 1873 William Haig decided to convert it to a paper mill, forming the Guardbridge Paper Company. Although now in different ownership, the paper mill continues today in Guardbridge.
The setting to Seggie House and the Walled Garden to the west are important features of the site and have been carefully considered throughout the design process of the development.
Planning permission was granted in spring 2019.
2017 - present